Reading though some of these will bring tears to your eyes.
The stories GMH (give me hope)...
- I was at the mall the other day when I saw an old couple sitting together. The man looked over at the woman and said,
''Jane, we did it. We grew old together.'
The look in her eyes GMH.
- An 11 year old girl in my area was kidnapped two days before Christmas. At first they didn't allow anyone but the police to search for her, but after a few days they announced that a public search party would be sent out, and anyone who wanted to look was to meet at the baseball stadium. 3,000 people showed up. It was Christmas morning. GMH.
- I woke up one morning to hear the birds outside my window and my mother cooking breakfast downstairs. I've never cried so much in my entire life. I had been deaf since the age of 8.
- My father was diagnosed with cancer and passed away 4 years ago. Recently, I stopped by his online blog. I found out my son had been leaving him comments, saying things like how he missed him, and how he is studying hard in school, and that he would study hard to find a cure to cancer so that people wont miss their grandfather like he does. GMH
- I work in a bank - a place where good news is hard to come by recently: Today I spoke with a gentleman who told me he needed to know how much money he had. When I asked if he had a large purchase coming up, he said yes. "I'm buying clothes for the man who asks me for a quarter every day on my way to school," he replies. This gentleman was 12. GMH
- A little girl was dying of cancer and her younger brother had a match for the bone marrow she needed. The doctors told him it was a matter of life and death. After he had the surgery, he asked the doctors how long he had to live. He thought if he gave his bone marrow to let his sister live he would die but he did it anyway. GMH
I could continue, but I think I'll let you all go check out GivesMeHope.com